Fourth Quarter Directions
You are responsible for opening the first 5-7 minutes of class! Plan on doing one “News and Views” this quarter.
No written script will be collected.
Important!- You can choose any topic or story you find interesting that is based in science (it does not have to be within the last 24 hours!)
Plus … one EDITORIAL/COMMENTARY
It can be anything you’re interested in- bring in props, explain how something works, explain the scientific holes in star wars!
This quarter you must include a visual aide, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- please put it on a GOOGLE SLIDE with a link to the article itself!
DO NOT send me a single picture with no label or description
- Be creative! Capture your audience's attention! Use props/visuals! Humor!
- Know your audience and appeal to them! Be persuasive!
- Organize your article on notecards - NEVER read directly from an article or newspaper clipping ...YIKES!
- Quality is better than quantity.
- Choose a high-interest Editorial/Commentary that will get students reacting!
- Speak slowly. Project your voice, Make good eye contact. Include transition words.
- Be/act confident! Have Fun!